The main advantage of polycarbonate tableware is its ability to resist breaking when dropped, making it ideal for the aforementioned areas where the risk of dropping is much greater due to it being used by young children or the elderly.
When choosing the right plastic tableware there are a few aspects to consider to ensure that all your requirements can be met and you know what you are getting.
Choose the right plastic, there are many available!
There is a huge range of polycarbonate tableware available on the market today and finding the right type of 'plastic' to suit your requirements can be difficult. A good place to start is to identify your needs and establish what your day to day use of your polycarbonate tableware will consist of.
- Is your plastic plates and glasses truly break-resistant? Will they survive many falls and tumbles?
- Will your polycarbonate tableware warp in the microwave?
- Can your plastic tableware be washed in the dishwasher?
- Is your plastic plates and bowls scratch resistant?
A popular range of plastic tableware which aims to provide a solution to most of the above points is the range from Harfield Plastic Tableware.
Harfield plastic tableware is a virtually unbreakable range of polycarbonate tableware which will not chip, splinter or shatter. It is also constructed from a non-porous plastic making it exceptionally hygienic as food bacteria cannot absorb into the tableware.
The above features, as well as the fact that it is lightweight and durable, makes Harfield polycarbonate tableware the ideal solution for environments with young children or the elderly such as school canteens, nursing homes or hospitals. The pattern or colour will not fade over time and the plastic is recyclable.
If you follow these simple guidelines, Harfield plastic tableware will last you a lifetime!
Care and Maintenance of Harfield Polycarbonate Tableware
- Do not exceed temperatures of 85°C
- Never place the tableware near or on direct heat
- Do not use scouring pads or other abrasive materials to wash the tableware
- Safe for use in microwaves when reheating food but NOT for cooking
- All tableware can be sterilised or autoclaved
Cleaning Instructions for Harfield Polycarbonate Tableware
- Harfield tableware can be washed in hot soapy water and rinsed with most hand detergents being suitable.
- Do not use bactericidal detergents when the tableware is to be put in a sterilising sink as this may cause stress cracking of the tableware.
- Harfield tableware can be washed in most dishwashers. Temperatures in the dishwasher should be 60-60°C for the wash and 75-80°C for rinsing.
- Suitable to be cleaned in sterilising sinks.
You can view our full range of plastic tableware online and do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any more questions about choosing your own plastic tableware.